Monday, June 06, 2005

Squirrels

I'm feeling a little better today. That must be because Mommy and Daddy have started giving me food every two hours - even during the night - although they still don't give me very much. Now I'm getting chicken AND EGG WHITES! Two of my favorite foods. Maybe I'll get cantaloupe soon ...

This morning I took Mommy and Daddy to Mt. Holyoke College. I saw a squirrel, but it ran away before I could even go after it. They are afraid of me. Then we walked next to the pond and listened to the ducks. Daddy used to make me duck for treats. Those were the days.



Later today I got a bath. Don't tell anyone, but I really like baths. Especially the part at the end, when Mommy blow-dries me.

The best part of the day was when we went back to the park in the evening. This time I saw a squirrel all the way down the hill and I TOOK OFF after it. I couldn't run as fast as I used to, or I'm sure I would have caught it. Anyway, it ran up a tree, but I was very pleased with myself. Mommy and Daddy wanted to go back to the car but I insisted on walking on my trail in the woods. Of course, I got my way. I haven't been on that trail in weeks!



I'm not sure what happened the rest of the day. Maybe I was asleep. I only wish my belly were a little less empty.

No comments: