Friday, June 03, 2005

A nice day

Hi, this is Dauber again. Today was a good day. First I got some potato. I think Daddy ate all my chicken, because they don't give me chicken any more, but I don't complain. This morning Mommy and Daddy took me to Hampshire College, which is part of my territory. I walked around and marked my territory so little dogs don't come and try to take it over. Then I guarded Daddy while he worked, and he fed me more potato. He didn't give me very much. I wonder if money is getting tight. Maybe that's why there's no more chicken. Or salmon. Or cantaloupe - my favorite!

Later in the afternoon Mommy came home. We went back to Hampshire College and I patrolled a different part of my territory. It was a little windy so I spent some time sniffing the breeze to see who else was around. In the evening Mommy gave me some potato. I curled up with her to protect her.

I don't know why I can't run as fast as I used to, but it was nice to go outside and walk in the grass and sniff the air. It was a nice day.

No comments: