Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We're still in Kansas

You know that book, What's the Matter with Kansas? The real problem is that it goes on and on and on. It's hillier than I thought, but you can see for miles and miles because there are no trees. Just cows.




8.21.05 037
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.



Daddy is letting me use his Pocket PC so I can post to my blog while we're on the road. Isn't that cool? It's a little more challenging using this little keyboard with my paws.

The most difficult job I have is keeping Mommy and Dad safe, especially when they split up. Sometimes one of them will go into a building and the other will try to go for a walk, so I have to keep heading back to the place where the first one went inside so I can keep track of everyone.

The other problem is that we are staying in hotels that have evil inside. Our rooms are nice, but often there is invisible evil in the hallways or in other rooms. I have to warn Mommy and Daddy about the evil. And I have to get up every four hours to patrol.

Since my last post we drove through Pennsylvania, West Virginia (again), Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri. The first part was in the Alleghenies, but then it flattened out in Ohio. We stayed near Cincinnati in a newly manufactured town. The hotel we stayed in had adopted a cat which, surprisingly, was not evil. This made me happy.

On Monday we drove through cornfields in Indiana and Illinois. There were scary billboards about guns saving lives. What they really need is more wolves. On Monday afternoon I visited my fan Lanie (she sent me a picture for my blog last year). She jumped through a hole in a screen door and bounded toward me to say hello. She got a little too familiar so I had to tell her to back off. Then I took Mommy, Daddy, John Randolph, and John's little baby Lula for a walk. There are lots of little dogs in Champaign, so I had a lot of work to do. Then while the people went inside I marked Lanie's yard so she would remember me. Afterward we went to the University of Illinois so I could mark the orange flowers and the vet and animal science building. That's a very important building.




8.11.05 192
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.



Mommy and Daddy visited their friend Adam Davis and his daughter Hannah while I guarded the car. Once Hannah came out and I said hi. I think she was a little scared because she had never seen such a large wolf.




8.11.05 182
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.



In Champaign I acquired a new park, Hessel Park. There was a bunny there but I chased it across the street and off my land. Now all the bunnies know better than to trespass on my territory. The next morning I went back to reinforce the perimeter of my new park. Then I guarded the car while Mommy and Daddy visited their friends Jules and Zach and their baby Luke, who is only 1 week old - a bite-sized morsel. Kidding! I could see there were two dogs inside so I had to bark at them a little to warn them away from my people.




8.21.05 003
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.



Champaign was a lot of work, so I slept most of the way to Kansas.

My paws are tired now, so I'm going to take a nap until Colorado.

No comments: