Sunday, August 14, 2005

Travels with Mom and Dad

I'm writing this on the road on day three of our pack adventure, in "wild and wonderful" West Virginia. I'm thinking of making that my motto. We're in the Allegheny mountains!

Friday started off like a normal day. We went to Hampshire college for our usual pack outing, and I patrolled my usual route. Then we all got in the car again and I got in my little cave in the back seat and we drove to the hospital where I went when I was sick. We took a picture of the plaque that Mom and Dad donated to commemorate my victory over my illness. I did a lot of barking so everyone would know how strong I am again.

8.11.05 126
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.


Then we drove to Grandma and Grandpa Kwak's. Grandma made me chicken just for me but I shared some with Mommy and Daddy. Grandma even gave me some chicken for the road because she was happy to see how strong I am. However, I didn't get any blueberry cobbler for dessert.

After lunch we got back in the car and drove to my other grandparents' house. It was very hot so we didn't stop much, but I did mark New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In the car I thought about my old territory in Massachusetts. I'm a little worried, but I think it will be OK because I taught my friend Sophie to take care of it while I'm away. She even scared away a couple bears before I left.

I was so happy to see Grandpa, my most favorite buddy. He made me my own fenced-in yard to run in. Grandpa took me for three walks and I kept him company while Mommy and Daddy went to DC to see my little cousins and my friend Rhiannon. Why doesn't Rhiannon come to see me more?

I had a great time with Grandpa. I hope he comes to see me in California.

8.11.05 143
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.


This morning I went back to my new park that I claimed yesterday. I was a little worried that Mommy and Daddy would forget to take me, so I followed them to the door and barked every time they took a bag out. On the way out we saw monarch butterfly caterpillars!

We're back in Maryland now. That's enough for now, so I'm going to take a little nap.

No comments: