Friday, August 19, 2005

In the mountains with my cousins

The last two days we have been covering territory where my cousins, the gray wolves, have been repatriated. Yesterday we drove from Denver through Wyoming, the land where my aunt Katrina grew up. I saw three antelope but Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me chase them. There was lots of open space that I wanted to run in, and huge mountains in the distance.




8.21.05 010
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.



In the morning I visited Colorado State University and the University of Wyoming. I think the students were surprised to see a gray wolf down from the mountains. In the afternoon I climbed over the barrier so I could sit up front with Mommy and Daddy. I think they needed to be with me.



8.21.05 064
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.


Denver was my favorite city so far. It was nice and breezy. More importantly, I got cantaloupe for breakfast!

This morning I slept longer because Grandpa sent me a message saying I didn't have to get up every four hours to patrol. Then we went and looked at the Great Salt Lake. I didn't like it because there were too many little flies. We just drove through the Great Salt Lake Desert, which was totally bizarre. The ground was all white! Now we are climbing the mountains in Eastern Nevada.


8.21.05 083
Originally uploaded by pygmygoat.

I'm going to take a nap now.

No comments: